Monday, April 21, 2014

The Family That Runs Together

Scott and the kiddos ran the Lake Nona Pig Run 5k this weekend (you can read all about it at Southern Fried Fat Guy!) while I sat on the sidelines.


It was strange to not run in the race with everyone, but someone had to sit with the kiddos and there was nothing about eating glazed donuts at the 1.7 mile marker that appealed to me. Plus, Scott wanted to walk this race for a while.

I had a blast cheering everyone on during the race, but I definitely missed participating. Even Leann sent me a message that said it was weird to see race photos with me in jeans.

Then I got to thinking...which can be dangerous...what if we all ran a race together? I don't think it's unreasonable. Do you?

So there it is...my new goal for 2014. Complete a race as a family, because after all, the family that runs together, stays together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please let me know which one you do - I would LOVEEE to see your family again :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails