Sunday, July 13, 2014

What My Family Ate For Dinner - Week 19

I've been trying to make a point of letting the kids pick a few of our meals each week. Now, Jillian would be happy eating grilled cheese all week, so normally it's Aaron that picks our meals. This week he picked two of the meals, I wonder if you can guess which ones?

Here's what my family had for dinner this week:

Sunday, July 6: Broccoli and cheese stuffed chicken. Aaron LOVES chicken kiev's and this is a healthier version. We love the Barber Foods brand and I love when they are on sale at Publix. We paired this with some brown rice and green beans.

Monday, July 7: Tuna alfredo. This is one of the easiest meals and I try to put this on busy nights. All I do is make whatever pasta we feel like (I used whole wheat penne), light alfredo sauce, frozen peas and tuna. Yum, yum and yum!

Tuesday, July 8: Stuffed potatoes. Scott and I LOVE these! Aaron is not on board with these yet, but I know he will be soon.

Wednesday, July 9: Jambalaya with chicken sausage. I know jambalaya should normally be made with andouille, but for calories (and fat) sake, I sub chicken sausage. I also cheat and use Zatarains.

Thursday, July 10: It was pouring on Thursday night and Scott was running late, so we ordered a pizza.

Friday, July 11: Scott and I had a date night (that included me getting new running shoes!). We hit up Olive Garden and ordered off the Cucina Mia menu. Scott had cavatappi noodles with primevera sauce and chicken meatballs. I had the bucatini with pomodoro sauce and chicken meatballs. So yummy!

Saturday, July 12: We had a pool party at Mimi and PawPaw's and brought in burgers from our favorite local burger place. I love their turkey burgers and zucchini fries!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails