Sunday, April 19, 2015

Pig Run 2015

I'm definitely behind on sharing what has been going on, but we have been so busy!

The day before Easter, Scott ran his yearly race, The Pig Run of Lake Nona. He loves this race and it's my chance to stand on the sidelines to cheer him on. Since we knew the route this year, the kiddos and I were able to run around and meet him at different points of the course.

The thing that sets this race apart from any other 5k is that right after the halfway mark, you have to stop at the Pig Pen and eat donuts.

When you sign up for the race you have to pick how many donuts you are going to eat. The options are zero (which is lame), 1, 3, 6, 6 that are a mystery assortment or...an entire dozen. They're all freshly made glazed donuts. The winner of the race this year and last year ate an entire dozen. Just typing that makes me nauseous.

Scott only ate one donut and then clipped along. He beat his time from last year, which is always something to celebrate. 

After the main race, they held their kids race. The race is broken down by age and the kiddos took off. Aaron actually was the first kid in their age range to finish. Jill was just a little bit behind him.

They also were able to partake in some donuts. All of the kids race finishers were given backs of munchkins. How great is that?

We decided that next year the whole family is going to run the 5k. I'm going to have to start training now. I don't know how well I will do with a freshly glazed donut in my belly in the middle of a run, but I'm excited to find out!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails